Our team, based in Ceredigion, works across Wales and other parts of the United Kingdom to deliver first-class hospitality experiences. Our business is currently growing, with a need to fill vacancies in front-of-house operations, management, kitchen and deli.
Role: Front of house Manager
Location: Based at Cafe1176, Cardigan Castle
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Manager Job Purpose:
Works alongside the proprietor and business manager to manage daily restaurant and event activities, including, overseeing staff, ensuring service quality, monitoring ordering and restocking. The role will be based at our flagship premises, Café/ Deli 1176, at Cardigan Castle,
Manager Job Duties:
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability
- Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control and sales
- Deliver plans for increasing department sales, profit, and for staff development
- Coordinate the operation of the restaurant ensuring that bar and waiting staff are working as a team
- Train, manage and motivate staff
- Respond to customer queries and complaints
- Meet and greet customers, organise table reservations and offer advice about menu and drink choices
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- Check stock levels, order supplies and prepare cash drawers and petty cash
- Comply with licensing laws and other legal requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven work experience within restaurants or other food and beverage service environments
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Welsh speaking very desirable
- Experience of large events such as concerts and weddings would be desirable.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and a brief covering note to email@example.com.